[Sca-cooks] OT- Point in the Right Direction

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 8 00:07:04 PDT 2005

Glenn asked:
> Could you point me in the direction to find?
>
> 15th century British Isle clothing for men and women patterns.

Well, you might want to take a look through the files and references in
the CLOTHING section of the Florilegium. Generally the files are broken
down by regions rather than time period but here are a few which
immediately occur to me:
cl-Ireland-msg    (88K)  7/26/99    Medieval Irish clothing.
cl-Scot-fem-art   (14K)  7/ 2/96    Scottish women's clothing.
cl-Scot-male-art  (18K)  6/20/96    Scottish men's clothing.
cl-Scotland-msg  (114K) 10/31/01    Clothing of Scotland. folding of
kilts.
cl-Wales-msg       (8K)  8/28/04    Clothing of medieval Wales.
Resources.
clothing-books-msg(93K) 12/14/99    Book reviews, bibliographies and
pattern
                                       sources.
Tudor-Shirts-art  (10K)  4/14/02    "Tudor Shirts - How to accurately
cut &
                                        reconstruct 16th century shirts"
                                        by Master Giles de Laval.
   (Perhaps too late, but worth checking)
patterns-msg      (79K) 12/ 4/98    Sources for clothing patterns.
Altering
                                        mundane patterns.
costuming-lnks    (28K)  8/ 6/04    Links to medieval clothing by Dame
Aoife
                                        Finn of Ynos Mon.
Stefan
--------