Country versus chicken fried RE: [Sca-cooks] chicken fried steak (OOP)

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 9 09:06:02 PDT 2005

I don't rightly know the orthodoxy, but presumably one is more a battered
sort of affair, and one a breaded affair.  Moist dipped coating versus
egg/flour.  My experience says that CHICKEN fried is batter dipped and
COUNTRY fried is a series of egg/milk and flour breading.  the results are
at least first cousins, but quite different.  some also think it differs in
being deep-fried versus pan-fried.

Anyone out there cube their own meat?  The machine used commercially is
rather a monstrosity that semi-mutilites touch or left-over meat.  Cool, but
not practical for home use.  Makes bottom round ALMOST tenderized enough to
pan-fry if they try to sneak it into the package as cubed steak.

niccolo difrancesco