[Sca-cooks] Neat find!

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 13 11:46:19 PDT 2005

Vladimir wrote:
I was hoping to recieve this kind of feedback, what kind of 'temperature
problems'?

And yup, it folds down flat.

It is not air tight, nor should it be.  However, on a windy day it is really
tough to hold onto your heat.  Once, in a Kingdom long, long ago (Twentieth
Year Celebration at the Texas Ren Faire Site), the sun went away and it did
rain mightily for several days.  After the rains abated, we were left with
squishy ground and brilliant sunshine.  It just so happened that this was
the day before Meridies was hosting a Royal Brunch.  I was baking scones,
and used the oven to dry the wet towels (and everything else) by wrapping
them around the box during the baking day.  This still allowed air to vent
out, but didn't let the wind blow through it.  Towards the end of the baking
time, I was re-wetting towels and wrapping them around the oven to fisish
up.  The extra moisture helped the scones from drying out as well.
Oh, and the temp gauge on the front door is a ... suggestion.
You've basically got a thin metal box that diffuses heat from the bottom,
and is pretty efficient at that.  There is no insulation on it whatsoever,
so you have to make allowances.
Christianna