[Sca-cooks] Coleman Oven, was: Neat find!

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 13 11:58:54 PDT 2005

So basically, a good starter oven, but not good for baking anything too
'delicate'?

And watching your contents carefully is a good idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Service to Crown and Society,
Vladimir Armbruster

Under normal circumstances, it serves very well.  You will want to get an
8x8 or 9x9 pan that fits it, or find the foil ones each time.
We have used ours to do lots of pastry-type baking: the aforementioned
scones, cornbread, biscuits, quiche, pizza, cobbler, brownies and cookies.
I have not tried to bake any meats in it, although I'd guess it would be
fine for smaller cuts rather than roasts that might take up all the thermal
mass inside the box.  I wouldn't call it a starter oven, it is a nice
portable tool.  It has limitations, but hey, we're campin'!
Christianna