[Sca-cooks] Danelaw feast

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 17 05:20:13 PDT 2005

Lonnie D. Harvel wrote:

> Elaine Koogler wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure why you think it would be inappropriate to post all of
>> the recipes.
>

> As the recipes evolve into my own variations, I will be happy to post
> them. However, many are lifted directly from Savelli. The book "Tastes
> of Anglo-Saxon England" is in print and rather small. If I published
> all of the ones that are currently quoted from her text, it would go
> beyond fair use. Of course, as I continue to learn, experiment, and
> adapt, the results will most likely find their way onto my website,
> since by then, I will feel comfortable in claiming them as my own
> variation.

Of course you must do as you feel best.  However, I don't believe
posting material here is a violation of fair use as we are a non-profit
organization and the purpose is purely educational.  If such is the
case, then a lot of us are in trouble as we've used materials from
published sources in articles we have written and classes we've taught
over the years.

Kiri