[Sca-cooks] Cooking fats in period England

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 17 12:42:55 PDT 2005

There are other groups that use clarified butter today, and probably in period as well.  The Arabic word is samneh (pronounced Sam nah with slight emphasis on the first syllable).  And of course clarified butter is used in French cooking as well.

Cordelia

aeduin <aeduin at adelphia.net> wrote:
Close, but no OOP cigar. Ghee is butter that has been clarified and
simmered cooking the fat and evaporating all the water giving it a slightly
nutty taste.

Æduin