[Sca-cooks] Japanese Feast

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 18 09:23:39 PDT 2005

Sounds wonderful.  The only question I'd have is how period the maki was...sushi really isn't period, as we think of it...it was originally a way of preserving fish in the vinegared rice.  But no big deal....

The sorbet is definitely a modern dish, but sounds wonderful.

You know...I've known about jicama for many years, but never made the connection to Japanese references for mountain yam.  Sigh.  I will now...thanks!

Kiri