[Sca-cooks] Re: semi OT question on steer butchering and costs

iasmin at comcast.net iasmin at comcast.net
Wed Jul 20 04:25:07 PDT 2005

Well, just to keep you all updated, I decided to go ahead and do it. I ordered the beef yesterday and was stunned to find that they would be butchering TODAY. On the plus side, it means I won't have to figure out how to pick up a quarter of a cow while I'm at Pennsic. However, it also means I'll have to pick up a quarter of a cow before we leave, thus requiring that in addition to all the pre-pennsic prep, we clean out the freezer much sooner than we originally intended. I think my mother-in-law will have to clean out a portion of hers too. :) I'll report on the meat when it's picked up, so people can hear a little more about it. We'll see how this pans out.

Iasmin