[Sca-cooks] semi OT question on steer butchering and costs

Pat mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 11:09:49 PDT 2005

I've been around you guys too long.  I've got a mind pic of kids and chopped broccoli tumbling  'round in the clothes dryer with red sauce...

Mordonna

UlfR <ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org> wro

[1] Brown 3-400 g hamburger with an onion and some garlic. Add 1 can
crushed tomatoes and 1 can water. Add some beef stock, some bay leaves,
pepper, balsamic vinegar, few drops soy sauce, mushrooms, etc, etc. Once
it is boiling add 100 ml brown rice. Simmer for an hour or so. No it
isn't fancy, but it is good filling everyday food, and I spend as much
as 10-15 minutes of actual time (as opposed to cooking time) on it. Goes
well with kids too. You can toss in some chopped veggies towards the end
(even the pre-cut froozen stuff).

[2] But both the fancy cuts and some of the hamburger[3] goes well in
the dryer.