[Sca-cooks] IKA - head table seating?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 20 17:29:36 PDT 2005

Mordonna wrote:
>???
>Sitting Royalty, or counts and dukes and viscounts?
>If it's just sitting Royalty, how many do you have?
>Most places have four couples at the most: King, Queen, Prince,
>Princess, and their heirs.

Mordonna (inquiring minds want to know)

K C Francis <katiracook at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>This doesn't happen often, as we have so many Royals at
>>any given time, it is usually the problem of fitting in a large enough table
>>to hold them all.

Well, at June Crown, the Prince and Princess of the Mists sponsored a
dinner for the Royals only.

At the table could were:
- The King and Queen of The West
- The Prince and Princess of The Mists
- The Prince and Princess of Cynagua
- The Lord and Lady of the Swan (heirs to the Cynaguan Coronets)
- I think the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of The West (who'd won
that day) didn't attend, but they could have...

So that was potentially 10 Royals.

We have three Crown Tourneys per year, so 4 kingdom-level royals can
potentially sit at High Table from late March until early May, from
late June until late August, and from early October through early
January - that's 6-1/2 months of the year.

We have two Principalities in the Central West (which have Coronet
Tourneys only twice a year) - so there can be 4 p&p's and 2 heirs at
one time for several months of the year - i think tourneys and
coronations are set up such that there won't be 8 at any one time :-)

We're so friendly that many of us play in both Principalities and
often a consort or a bard of a Principality is from the other
Principality (as Katira was Princess of Cynagua, but lives in The
Mists).

AND we often get visits from other royalty, including but not limited to:
- Prince and/or Princess of Oertha, our third remaining principality,
which is chiefly Alaska
- Royalty of some sort from Lochac, our former principality
- Royalty of some sort from An Tir to our north
- Royalty of some sort from Caid to our south

And sometimes we even have Royalty visiting from Kingdoms to the east of us...

--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita