[Sca-cooks] Introductions.. And Meat Pies

Vladimir Armbruster vladimir_armbruster at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 14 09:30:23 PDT 2005

Hail and well met m'lords and ladies,

     I am Vladimir Armbruster, hailing from the fine Barony of Aquaterra in the glorious Kingdom of An Tir.  I was apparently subscribed to this list, but never getting any of the missives, which was an odd occurence in and of itself. But that situation seems to have been resolved.

    And now, I have been doing some seeking regarding food and food related items as I attempt to put together a period encampment.  And had hoped to both contribute, and find stimulating conversation here.

    My initial interest is in a portable meat-pie that can quite easily be served cold or hot, and perhaps stored half-finished to be prepared at an event.  I have come across a few recipes, but I was hoping that perhaps the good gentles of the cooks list might have a recipe with some period connections?

    (And what the heck is *IN* Vegetarian Suet, anyway).

    My seconday interest at this point, is that I am seeking period table-ware that I can either make, or find a close approximation to purchase.  (Besides the GLORIOUS copper pot I've found with the acorn handles. :) )

It is good to meet you all, and I look forward to many an interesting discourse on period cullinary excellence!

Thank you lords and ladies,

Vladimir Armbruster
Barony of Aquaterra