[Sca-cooks] squirrels and onions

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 19 22:32:13 PDT 2005

Marina commented:
> We just bought a house in suburbia and I
> have squirrels digging in my potted herbs and taking my onions and
> replanting them upside down.

Huh? Do you mean that the squirrels turn them over in the pots? Or they
take them somewhere else and bury them upside down? Or perhaps they are
just rooting around in the pots for nuts or edible things and just turn
the onions over "accidently" as part of the scrounging? I didn't think
squirrels would eat something like onions.

You are growing onions as potted plants? Or are you just saying that
your herbs are in plants and the onions are in beds elsewhere?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com