[Sca-cooks] Cooks Con and Congratulations

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 14:38:56 PDT 2005

Well, Cook Con 3 has come and gone and it was A BLAST!
(waves madly at everyone who was there.)  It was
wonderful to see everyone and Im sorry to have missed
those who were unable to go.

Friday night was social time and the chance to catch
up with events.  The BIGGEST news is that another of
our very own is about to SPROUT!  Seems at Lillies,
Kateryn de Develyn was offered admittance to the Order
of the Laurel to be elevated at Calontir Kingdom A&S
on July 23 in Leavenworth KS.  She was supposed to
judge, wonder if anyone from this list could step in
to take help out?

Saturday was chock full of classes and presentations.
The Guest of Honor, John Hudson, was INCREDIBLE.  I
admit, I had not been particularly interested in a
potter, but he was interesting and funny (stand up
comedy with a brit accent. Funny!)  His pots, pans,
pitchers, plates and such were all beautiful, and he
used them to cook a full meal.  The altitude threw a
few loops his way, but the salmon was delicious, and
the sausage quite yummy.  I even got a tiny taste of
the trifle like dish... Oooooo that cream.

I missed some of the afternoon session because I
joined Kateryn in the kitchen to lend a hand.  She
created a very yummy Italian feast.  Make her SHARE
the recipe for the appetizer pastry with the layers of
proscuitto and mozzarella.  I thought the raisins and
cinnamon sugar would be ODD, but they just added a bit
of moisture and it was perfect.  The grilled asparagus
is going to become a staple for me, and that cherry
pie, soooo goooooood.

I had to miss Sundays sessions due to prior family
(DAD) plans, and so for the fourth time missed out on
Dame Alys’ sugarplate workshop, but time with dad was
worth it.  Im sure someone who was there can tell you
all about what I missed.

Congratulations again Kateryn, (HUGS)

In Service
Gwen Cat