[Sca-cooks] Squirrels and Bread Marks

Kathleen Madsen kmadsen12000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 14:45:18 PDT 2005

Yeah, they like to take bites out of our apple culls
too.  You find the odd one or two that have one or two
hearty bites taken out of it.  They don't stuff
everything they eat in their cheek pouches and run off
to bury it.  ;)

BTW, there was much talk last week about the baker's
mark that Master Wulfric uses.  He was out at our
house on Saturday doing a cooking demo for the Barony,
making sausages and bread.  The marker, he says,
almost always makes a clear impression where the word
that is part of it can usually be read.  The marker is
a 1.75 inch diameter disk and you can see it on his
website.
http://www.whirlwind-design.com/madbaker/marks.html

I have two loaves baking in the oven right now for
this weekend's event.  I know, I know, it should be
fresh - but I work two Farmer's Market's on Friday's
and my day is *completely* booked.  I'm lucky if I can
get an hour to nap between the two.  ;)

Eibhlin

*********************
Lyse commented:
> Note: squrrels love to eat the horse apples.

They do? The horse apples I remember were baseball or
softball size, so
bigger and probably heavier than the squirrel. I guess
they must eat
them in place, rather than stuff them into their
cheeks or take them
somewhere to bury them.

Stefan
--------
THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Kingdom of Ansteorra
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas