[Sca-cooks] A passing...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Jun 24 07:13:54 PDT 2005

I think those of us who care about Master Adamantius might want to express
our condolences. Last evening, about 6:18 PM, his brother, Pete, passed
away, quietly, at home, after a long illness.

These are Adamantius' words-

"...as it happens, my brother passed away
quietly tonight at 6:18PM EST. He'd been sick  for many years, and finally,
in the past six months or  so, it became more serious

<snip>

"So he was more or less officially terminal, to be kept comfortable.  He
announced that he needed to go home to settle some financial and  other
affairs, and that there'd be no point in putting up with a  slow, lingering
demise if he couldn't.

"Well, he played his last little trick on us today, and passed away
quietly in his sleep while I was actually in the room (a first for
me). He'd been in some pain, been given some morphine, slept badly,  groaned
somewhat, and finally quieted down. At first we (the health care aid and
myself) thought he had finally gone into deep sleep, but eventually we
realized he had stopped breathing, checked his pulse, noted that there was
none and that he felt cool, and realized he had just slipped away under our
noses."

Rest in peace, Pete, and Adamantius, I'm here for you if you need me.

Phlip

Never a horse that cain't be rode,