[Sca-cooks] BOOKS--

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Jun 28 10:26:39 PDT 2005

Alright...
I've been lookin', and tumblin', and just general searching.  And I have to
ask, how do you all FIND these books?  Or any mention of their existance?
The translated Book of Good Food I was kindly supplied the link to.  But the
rest of these sound like the Historical Chefs Holy Grail, frequently
mentioned but rarely seen.
So I don't have to keep mooching off of all your hard work, perhaps a few
tips on how to find out about these texts existing and how to find others of
their type?
Brandon Withey  vladimir_armbruster
 <mailto:sca-cooks%40ansteorra.org?Subject=%5BSca-cooks%5D%20Books&In-Reply-To=200506251006.08582.carlton_bach%40yahoo.de>
----------

Actually a number of us are professional librarians, so our busuness
used to be books and even if we spend our days now online and far removed from
books, a number of us still like the printed word.
Some of us also collect and a number of us have been in the SCA for more
than a quarter century at this point. So yes, we have books and know about books,
all sorts.
My advice would be to --
Buy a good source, read it and then read the footnotes & bibliography
and search out those sources that look appealing. Move along from volume to volume;
article to article. Acquire those that are of value when you have the chance.
My Booklist for Culinary Novices-- Non Recipe texts was published on the
list on 2/18/2005. You can find it in the archives or write me and
I'll e-mail you a copy.

Johnnae llyn Lewis