[Sca-cooks] question about breads

rbbtslyr rbbtslyr at comporium.net
Wed Jun 1 11:37:21 PDT 2005

I bake bread often, Hard Winter wheat is best for bread and cheap, add if you want whole wheat to it. We are talking  round loaves I assume here, I use unglazed tiles in the oven for the loaves. Cheap, work well and they don't eat *too much space and allow a near proper crust. Spritz some water in the oven just before addin the bread to keep the humidity high.

Once the bread is done if it will be eaten in about a day allow it to cool to room temp and place it in pouches made from  Foil or parachement  and seal, storage baggies work to, to be one hundred precent sure you could refridgerate. I keep my bread at home in storage baggie after it has been cut for two or three days  I hope this helps  Btw for a perfect period bread talke all the water, yeast, half the lflour and sugar and let it work in a  bowl for about 4 to 8 hours afterwardd add the rest of the flour and knead it for 10 to 15 minutes to develop the gluten.

Kirk
Meddle not in the Affairs of Dragons, for thou art Chrunchy and Taste Good with Catsup or BBQ Sauce

Liberty Hill, SC Elevation 571 ft

Liberty Hill, SC (Kershaw)
Longitude: 80° 48' 7" W (-80.8019°)
Latitude: 34° 28' 41" N (34.4781°)