[Sca-cooks] Gender confusion

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Jun 1 19:08:05 PDT 2005

On Jun 1, 2005, at 8:57 PM, Michael Gunter wrote:

>> Ummmm.  You can call me Huette, you can call me Lady Huette, you
>> can call me Mistress Huette,
>> you can even call me late for dinner, but please, please don't
>> call me "m'lord" or "my good lord",
>> as I am most definitely _not_ male!
>>

> It could be worse. I have a rather strange husky voice and I've been
> called ma'am on the phone more times than I care to remember.
> Considering my work is 90% on the phone this does get annoying.
> About the only time I get to have fun with it is when I get called
> ma'am at the drive through. It's fun when this large bearded guy
> pulls up to the window and says, "I'm the lady that ordered the
> Big Mac and fries."
>
> Gunthar
>
> I'm a guy. Honest!

You too, huh? I sound like a classic Irish tenor with bad sinuses
(probably because that's exactly what I am), and tend to be kind of
soft-spoken. People on the phone have been known to mistake me for a
lady, but the one time I was forced by sudden and unexpected
circumstances to pretend to be my lady wife, I was immediately busted...

Luckily, I cook like a man, or so I'm told. There's an aggressiveness
to my style that has gotten my cooking referred to as being "highly
seasoned with testosterone". (Blame Countess Aiden ni Lier for that
one). And, of course, I'd make a REALLY ugly lady.

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04