[Sca-cooks] gender confusion

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Jun 2 09:01:13 PDT 2005

On Jun 2, 2005, at 11:49 AM, Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> At 08:41 AM 6/2/2005, you wrote:
>

>> Can't remember that I've ever met an SCA male called Jocelyn.  A
>> perfectly good early French male name.
>>

> True- but Ellis Peters used it as male name in one of the Cadfael
> books- the one with the leper (the title is not coming up from the
> grey drive however).

There used to be (and presumably is, in some retired form, possibly
coaching) a well-known hockey player named Jocelyn Guevremont, on the
Vancouver Canucks, in the 1970's. If you do a Web search for "NHL +
Jocelyn", you find references that suggest the name is still
eminently current among Francophonic Canadians.

Adamantius, Not Normally a Storehouse of Useless Sports Trivia --
honest!

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04