[Sca-cooks] question about breads

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 11:07:40 PDT 2005

I hate to tell you this, but that is also a 25% loss.  2.25 lbs is 3/4 of 3 lbs.  So there is
no variation there.  Yes, it is a different measurement pattern, but is it really an error?
I don't think so.  Most bread books I own contain recipes of varying sizes.  Wow!  You must
be really inflexable if you think that because one recipe doesn't match precisely the others that
it is an error or laziness on the part of the author.

Huette