[Sca-cooks] question about breads

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 22:03:04 PDT 2005

--- Terry Decker <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> That's an interesting idea.  Probably not historical accurate, but
> interesting.
>
> If you do these, use thicker slices of cheese than the thin sliced deli cuts
> and be sure to have enough oven space to melt and serve.  They cool down
> quick and I think they are better with at least a little warmth in them.  I
> used a medium swiss, but I think a sharper cheese would taste even better.
>
> Bear

I was thinking of using the thicker French toast sliced bread, which is about twice as thick
as the usual slice of bread.  Toasting it lightly then buttering and adding the sugar and spice.
I was thinking of mozzarella cheese, since this is an Italian recipe.  What does the original
recipe say?  Then popping it into a hot oven for a quick melt and serving.  There is a local
Italian restaurant that uses this same bread, with garlic butter and mozzarella cheese with
a marinara  sauce dip.  It is quite yummy.

Huette