[Sca-cooks] question about breads

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sun Jun 5 10:19:03 PDT 2005

On Jun 5, 2005, at 12:47 PM, Terry Decker wrote:

> The relationship of "mach" with "darauf" (literally "make upon it")
> suggests to me that this may be a spice blend to dredge butter or
> cheese in before serving.  Something on the order of a Renaissance
> cheeseball.
>
> Bear

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. It may be a small point in the end, but
to me, "mach darauf" is more like "make thereupon" than "make
thereof". The combination sounds right on a humoral level, too, since
spices provide the heat needed for digestion and dairy products tend
to be seen as closing up the chest and stomach, rather like filling
the fuel tank of the automobile and remembering to put the plug back
in the gas tank.

Adamantius