[Sca-cooks] List rules

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 09:58:41 PDT 2005

Okay, again it's the semi-annual reminder of the list rules.

These rules are for the convenience of all members and courtesy
applies.

First and foremost is:

Do not include entire posts in your replies. Many people on this list
get Digest versions and if everyone included previous posts in thier
replies the emails would be huge and confusing. Just quote what
you are replying to.

Be polite. Even if you vehemently disagree then disagree with facts
not emotion. Debate and argument are welcome here as that
is what helps us learn. But keep it civil.

Don't think you know everything. We'll prove you wrong.  :-)

This is my living room and you are all guests. Remember that.

Please change the Subject line to reflect what you are talking about.
A thread that starts with fishing and evolves into methods of grilling
in the Med should have the Subject line change.

Also, if it is out of period off off the general subject of cooking then
there should be a note in the Subject line referrign to that. (OT, OOP)

Don't be afraid to ask questions or state your opinion. We're a generally
friendly lot and are happy to provide information. But if you state
something
as a fact you had best be ready to back it up with some kind of
documentation.
These folk can be merciless.

Be nice, be ready to learn and teach. Have fun.

Oh, and we don't stick to subject matter. If you can't handle posts about
pretty much anything and only want strict adherence to Period Cookery, then
I suggest you look elsewhere. As with all continuing conversations, we will
tend to wander everywhere. But, considering we are also food fanatics, we
keep coming back to the subject we love.

Gunthar
Evil List Administrator