[Sca-cooks] Kitchen Madness

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 6 10:06:16 PDT 2005

If I am, the story's gonna make me rich!

Since that probability is really, really low, I would say I'm trying to cut
back on stuff and get two houses ready to lease or sell, one a little faster
than the other.  Between what we have accumulated and the things we have
inherited, Margaret and I have enough stuff to furnish and stock three or
four houses.  So it's clean, get rid of the clutter, inventory, pack, store,
and repair.  Realizing that it's not going to get done until I do it, I've
been decomposing the insurmountable into tasks that can be addressed over a
few days each.

The kitchen is on the to do list, so I combined a little cooking and baking
with the less joyful tasks of re-organizing and cleaning.  I also used the
opportunity to get a baseline test of Medieval simnels out of the way as
part of a paper I'm preparing for the CookCon.  Today is a writing day, so
the fare will be a little more plebian and the kitchen will get perhaps an
hour of my attention.

Bear