[Sca-cooks] Seeking

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jun 6 22:47:06 PDT 2005

Ardenia asked:
> I know that there was a thread on it  a while ago... does anyone have a
> simple, quick recipe for a periodish sourdough starter?

Several folks have given you the way to capture natural yeasts. For
some more commentary on working with these yeasts and other comments on
making sourdough bread, you might be interested in these files in the
FOOD-BREADS section of the Florilegium:
brd-mk-sour-msg  (60K) 10/31/04   Breadmaking -Period sourdough bread
recipes.
yeasts-msg       (75K) 11/16/04   Medieval use of yeast. Using it in
the CMA.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas