[Sca-cooks] OOP Strawberries

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Wed Jun 8 18:00:07 PDT 2005

>I've got strawberries!  Lots of them!
>
>Suggestions?????????
>One can only eat so many strawberries while picking them...

Let me pass on my favorite way to slice berries when you have lots
and lots of them.  I "invented" this when my mother used to make
about 50 quarts of strawberry freezer jam each year.. and I got to
slice them.

Use the kind of pastry cutter that has blades, meant to cut
shortening into flour.  Just shove one berry after another into the
blades and let them fall into a bowl.  The blades are sharp enough to
cut the berries, but not your fingers.

http://fantes.com/images/14692sifters.jpg has a picture of the gadget

darn.. I could make some strawberry jam, but its not the same on rice
cakes or corn bread.

Ranvaig *still grumbling*