[Sca-cooks] Pasta Experiment (long)

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Wed Jun 15 01:08:45 PDT 2005

Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2005 23:52 schrieb Barbara Benson:
> Greetings,

(SNIP)

> If anyone else has experimented with this I would love to hear your
> results. Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to places I might look
> to find more info on the Cuisine of Norman Sicily I would love to hear
> it. I will append a list of books I am currently working with.

This is fascinating. Please keep us posted.

As to Norman Sicily, I would suggest looking at some dietetics texts. If you
can get your hands on the Viaticum, count yourself lucky (I haven't yet), but
the Salernitan Regimen Sanitatis should be easier. This was written in
Salerno around that time and reflect local practice and contemporary medical
opinion.

Another thing you might want to look at are the Anglo-Norman Cookery
Books.They are not italian, but from what I read about Norman Sicily it seems
they retained quite a bit of their traditions.

> The Norman Kingdom of Sicily - Matthew

Is this any good? I just bought a new German book on medieval Sicily, and I'm
looking for more info.

Grazie

Giano