[Sca-cooks] canning compost

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jun 15 07:49:20 PDT 2005

> So, why are you wanting to can the compost? Medieval compost was a
> pickled food item and the reason for this was to preserve the
> vegetables and fruits. So, why can't you do it the same way?

You can, but you have to keep it cool for our food safety standards. If
you make compost and can it, though, it can be stored in your cupboard,
if the canning is successful.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't want to be anything other than what I've been trying to be
lately...I'm tired of looking 'round rooms wondering what I gotta do
Or who I'm supposed to be/ I don't want to be anything other than me."