[Sca-cooks] Flavored vinegar

Robin rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 16 19:14:16 PDT 2005

I'm thinking of making some flavored vinegar, probably rose vinegar.
The "Obra de Agricultura" says it can be made with dried roses.  That
suits me, because I can buy food-safe rosebuds in the health food store,
and I don't have a source of pesticide-free fresh roses.

The "recipe" calls for steeping the roses in the vinegar, and leaving
the bottle in a sunny place for 40 days.  This seems similar to modern
recipes I've seen for homemade herb vinegars.

Any comments?  Is this a safe method, assuming that I sterilize the
bottle first?

--
Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom