[Sca-cooks] fruit trees [now WAY OT]

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Sun Jun 19 23:16:59 PDT 2005

I loved the t-shirts!

Noticed one of them had a board, so I went surfing a bit.  Someone
mentioned that Mepps Fishing Tackle company will buy squirrel tails.

I thought, "Now, this, surely, is an urban (rural?) myth!  A piece of
Internet Apocrypha!"

I went investigating and found the Mepps website.

http://www.mepps.com/mepps/information/squirrels/

It's true.  They will buy squirrel tails from you to make fishing lures
from.

It'd take an awful lot of squirrel tails to make it worthwhile to do if
you're not eating squirrel, however!

--Cian
Thinking about going semi-pro this squirrel season.