[Sca-cooks] A recipe for squirrel season

rbbtslyr at comporium.net rbbtslyr at comporium.net
Mon Jun 20 11:43:36 PDT 2005

I do similar but I will marinate the bushytail for a a couple hours to about
12 hrs in a Merlot, garlic and shallot marinate

1tsp thyme
2 cloves of shallots crushed
1 small to medium glove of garlic
1tsp Rosemary
4 oz of Merlot
4 oz of water (non city)
1tsp Kosher or sea salt.

place in ziplock bag in bowl and place in fridge, turn ever so often making
sure to cover all of the bushytail. IF the squirrel is a bit tough this
helps it also helps reduce any strong gameyness from the high connective
tissue ratio of an older animal.

Kirk

Meddle not in the Affairs of Dragons for Thou Art Crunch and taste good with
Catsup or BBQ Sauce !!!

KA4PXK location
Liberty Hill, SC (Kershaw)
Longitude: 80° 48' 7" W (-80.8019°)