[Sca-cooks] fruit trees

rbbtslyr at comporium.net rbbtslyr at comporium.net
Mon Jun 20 11:52:46 PDT 2005

I did that for coyotes in our SC farms chicken house it worked for a few
months until they got use to them, moving them and adding an outside strip
of flashing Chirstmas lights helped as did a pistol when I caught one coming
out of the chicken house with Rooster Cogburn in his mouth! ( The Rooster
was a BIG Buff Orpington, show bird that was a pet!).  Before that they got
85 Chickens in 3 weeks out of 86! 3 Turkeys 1 goose, 5 guineas, 100 bobwhite
quail, and a few pheasants. (80 of the chickens were pullets so I was out of
the organic egg business for a good while and buying eggs) It has been a
slow rebuild of the flock as I have been building new pens and such, my
ducks have been safe, as have my few surviving chickens since I tried the CD
idea for the yotes, the Christmas lights are because most of the raids
happen at twilight and early evening and half light in the morning. I think
it reminds hunted animals of the flash off a barrel or scope, then again it
might work in the city reminding them of other dangers.

Kirk

Meddle not in the Affairs of Dragons for Thou Art Crunch and taste good with
Catsup or BBQ Sauce !!!

KA4PXK location
Liberty Hill, SC (Kershaw)
Longitude: 80° 48' 7" W (-80.8019°)