[Sca-cooks] Meat Pies (partially cooked)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Jun 21 09:13:07 PDT 2005

At 07:31 AM 6/21/2005, you wrote:

>Does anyone know where one can get a functional non-period camping oven?
>(I'll worry about period later. :) )
>I'd much rather reheat these as 'baked' than 'fried'.\

I have one, but I can't remember where I got it- it's been 7 or 8 years at
the least. I love the thing- it means I can bake things in camp- like
cheese cake, pies, pastries, etc. The last two events I've been to, I made
'A Tart of Strawberries', which went over really well. And I remember the
morning several years ago when I put cinnamon rolls into the oven, stepped
back into my pavilion to finish dressing, and stepped back out to find a
couple of fighters standing outside, looking at the oven with puppy-dog
faces. Oh well, I couldn't eat them all anyway, right?

'Lainie