[Sca-cooks] "Trial By Fire" Ad (cooking competition!)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:40:09 PDT 2005

Ya know, I have been forwarding this damn invitation to this list every year
for a few years now, simply so you folks can see what kind of competition we
do here in Bright Hills to try to spark interest in period style cooking and
recipes.  This is the first year that I have seen anyone fall off their
horse in such an overly eager attempt to nit-pick.  To the contrary, we have
had some folks come from further away just to compete!

Please do NOT pick Master Chirhart out of the line-up for this one!!  He did
not sit in solitude and  make up the rules, that was done as a matter of
course several years ago (yes, you can go back and see the same time-line
mentioned over and over!).

And thank you for the complement to our cooks guild, Phlip, we do not, as a
re-creation guild simply limit our menus and offerings to the time
constraints listed in the competition flyer.  That would be like cutting off
one's nose to spite one's face!

The one thing you might have thought about or asked after was the skill
levels and available resources to folks who may consider entering this
competition, not to mention simply asking a question instead of grabbing a
lance and charging full ahead like some......well, I shall leave this here.

In the future I shall not forward this to this list.  Of course I shall have
to see everyone else's posts about their competitions that no one ever tears
apart........

Olwen, more than just miffed....