[Sca-cooks] "Trial By Fire" Ad (cooking competition!)

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 22 14:41:35 PDT 2005

476 as I assume you are referring to the fall of the Western Roman Empire.

I don't see why Apicius needs grandfathering.  By the rules any work
published between 650 and 1650 is eligible.  There are (I believe) two
manuscript copies known to have been made after 650, a printed edition in
Milan in 1498, another in Venice in 1503, the Albanus Torinus edition in
Basle 1543 and Gabriel Humelberg editon in Zurich 1542.

Bear