[Sca-cooks] "Trial By Fire" Ad (cooking competition!)

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Jun 22 14:46:00 PDT 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Yes, I have to agree that 'their contest, their rules'.

Yep. But by the same token, if something gets published on this List, then
it's open to discussion, and the expression of opinions. Folks don't like my
opinion, too bad. I've tried to explain my objection politely, despite being
rather rudely treated, and they don't want to hear it- so be it. It's a
shame that people who have received the highest honors in the SCA aren't
willing to lead from the front in terms of encouraging authenticity in what
we do, and that they aren't willing to learn more as they go, and express
that learning, but, hey, it's their contest, oh well. I have more
interesting things to think about.

Starting with trying to help bring you up to speed ;-) There's a lot to
learn here, and I'm very happy to see you willing to learn, and to ask
questions. Our private chat has given me a couple things to think about, and
that's all to the good ;-)

> Which gets the ol' brain to workin' about how to get others to do my
> research for me.
>
> (Off to the batcave)

Why the batcave? Hie thee to the Florilegium, www.florilegium.org. Stefan
has collected quite a bit of information and research, just there for you to
feast your eyes and mind on. Crib from the Florilegium, and eventually you,
too, will get to the point where you have insight and information from some
odd topic you became fascinated by, and the rest of us will be cribbing from
you ;-)

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.