[Sca-cooks] Sugar free sports drink alternative

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Jun 30 01:25:20 PDT 2005

At 12:05 AM 6/30/2005, you wrote:

>Anyway, other than the ubiquitous and all-pervasive Gatorade, what
>commercial brands have people tried that are tolerable - not to
>artificially chemically in flavor, and not too fluorescent?

An ex-boyfriend of mine swears by grape All-Sport. I don't care for
All-Sport myself, because they've added a lot of b-vitamins, and in such
quantities that they upset my stomach (if it tastes like yeast, it's likely
to be unhappy). If I need something in that line, Powerade is what I reach
for, the light turquoise flavor (no clue what it's supposed to be- berry
maybe?).

Of late I've been drinking water- either the flavored mineral water
(nothing but water and a little fruit oil) or plain water with a dash of
lemon juice in it. Occasionally cranberry juice. But that's about it, apart
from my morning tea. Kinda boring, especially for the quantities I have to
run through, but fewer calories...

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we
are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." ~Theodore
Roosevelt