[Sca-cooks] More musings on nightshade and tomatoes

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 30 12:11:44 PDT 2005

My feeling on the subject is based on basic tenets of English cookery
rather than any specific source.  What do the English do with vegetable
matter?  Boil and eat the leaves.  NOT a good idea when it's a
nightshade.  Certainly, your observations on why the fruit might well be
disregarded only supports this theory.

Selene