[Sca-cooks] Judging Rules

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 30 21:33:24 PDT 2005

Mairi Ceilidh wrote:
>A friend of mine is involved with an event which will include
>competitions for potables and desserts.  These things will not be
>judged as strictly as an Art/Sci, but they do want some judging
>guidelines and rules for competition.
>
>Anybody out there got something already put together that might give
>them a hand at putting together the rules for a dessert competition?

Our food judging rules are pretty simple in The West (Wooden Spoon,
West Kingdom; Silver Spoon, Principality of Mists; Copper Spoon,
Principality of Cynagua; Silver Ulu, Principality of Oertha).

We're working on a revision. Here's the first step in the revision...

0-05 points - Documentation
0-05 points - Authenticity (of working recipe and interpretation)
0-05 points - Appearance/Presentation
0-05 points - Scope: Difficulty level of dish and Success in achieving it
0-10 points - Taste (it's food - the most important thing is that it
tastes good!)
30 points - TOTAL

We have three judges, so the individual maximum total is 90 points.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita