[Sca-cooks] fruit

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Thu Jun 30 22:14:04 PDT 2005

This is just me but tomatoes are period and there are indications that they
were used in SCA period in certain regions but to my knowledge no recipes.
Once upon a time, in an herbal book, it stated that the Spanish made a sauce
of tomatoes and herbs that was poured over roasted meat. But for the life of
me I can not find it back. I know that it was from a late 1500s or early
1600s herbal.
Tomatoes would not be the first thing I would use for a feast, most likely
it would be the last thing I would use in a feast but only if it tied in
with the theme of the feast.