[Sca-cooks] cakes

Alexa mysticgypsy1008 at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 11:44:33 PDT 2005

I have a question in regards to cakes that I thought I
 would pose to the list.  I know cakes as we know
them, the texture of birthday cakes you get at the
bakery, or from a store bought mix  or home made cake
are not period.  My question is, when abouts did cakes
w/ the texture of pound cake come into play?  I have
only found a recipe for 'an excellent cake' and by no
means was it cake like we know of today, more like a
cookie type of thing.

Alexa

Yahoo! Mail