[Sca-cooks] Stuffed Poultry

Sharon Gordon gordonse at one.net
Tue May 17 14:31:21 PDT 2005

I'm looking for recipes for stuffed poultry.  And I'm interested in all
sorts of styles of stuffing including poultry stuffed with mixtures of
vegetables, herbs, fruits, grains, poultry that might be described as
"semi-stuffed" like Icelandic Chicken, and recipes where the only stuffing
might be herbs and other items inserted between the skin and the meat.  So
far I have

***Stuffed-Cavity***
1) Stuffed goose or capon, recipe 35 from Two Fifteenth Century Cookbooks/
2) Apicius Stuffed Chicken #248 with flavored spelt
3) Apicius Stuffed  chicken #199 with peas/pods, brains, sausage, herbs
4) Viandier's Roast Stuffed Quail with cheese and marrow
5) Libro della cucina's Roast Goose with vinegared garlic, salt and herbs
6)  Forme of Cury's Chickens with grapes, garlic, and herbs
7)  Forme of Cury's Gees with Sawse Madame herb, fruits, garlic
8) Harleian MS 4016 Duck roased with salt
9) Harleian MS 4016 Goose or Capon stuffed

***Semi-Stuffed or Individually Stuffed Pieces***
1) Pulli in Pastellis  aka Icelandic Chicken

***Stuffed-Under Skin***
?

What am I missing?

Sharon