[Sca-cooks] Posting recipes/ingredients chart (was pine nuts)

Susan Laing paxford at dodo.com.au
Tue May 24 16:24:06 PDT 2005

From: Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

>Wouldn't you post the recipes somewhere so people can see what they are
eating? It's the job of the vegetarians and those with >allergies to check
with you to be sure the food is what they need.

I will be posting a list of all the ingredients to the kitchen door and a
menu at the troll desk – and am hoping that people have been a) bright
enough to advise me of allergies/food restrictions when they booked (as
asked of them) and b) that they actually go bother to look at the
ingredients list when it’s announced by the herald at feasts start.

That being said I’ve also had incidents in the past where idiot attendees
haven’t bothered to do either.

It’s the old “lead a horse to water” problem I guess…

So I’ll leave out nuts in most dishes and have only mushroom in one dish
(with announcements about that). I’ve tried to ensure there’s enough food of
all types to cater for any additional allergies. Strangely enough a year ago
the “allergy du jour’ was lactose intolerance; and the year before that was
“Wheat intolerance” but have received NO notifications that anyone booked so
far suffers from those two. Odd!

Mari