[Sca-cooks] How much land to feed a person

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun May 1 21:25:16 PDT 2005

Daniel commented:
> I seem
> to also remember that there were a number of period monastery land
> management related texts that might be of  interest as well.  Anyone
> have any specific references?

Well, I've stayed out of this thread because I thought for sure someone
would post a pile of references. however, here are a few Florilegium
files on period agriculture. Whether the books given talk about the
amount of land needed for the livlihood of one person, I don't know.

These are in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section:
p-agriculture-bib (19K) 3/23/99   Bibliography of period agricultural
                                      practices by Laurie Brandt
(Pegasus)
   (I know this lady has revised this bibliography with a number of
additions. However, she is selling copies, so she hasn't given me an
improved version for the Florilegium)
p-agriculture-msg (14K) 2/ 5/01   Period agriculture. References.
Palladius-art    (41K) 11/18/99   Palladius' treatise on gardening 1420.

Stefan