[Sca-cooks] Re: Middle kingdom cooking symposium

Judith Kirk judith.a.kirk at wmich.edu
Tue May 3 05:46:02 PDT 2005

Howdy!

Our local meeting is tomorrow (Wodensday). One of the things we're
discussing is whether or not we want to put in a Crown bid, most
likely as a Barony, not an individual canton. Kazoo is one possible
host.

However, whether or not we get Crown, if there are enough locals
not burned out who would be interested in assisting (like 'vet), I'm
willing to pitch the idea again to the locals here, but might it be
possible to add a track of alcohol-related classes? Since it's a wet
site..just a thought. I'm willing to be facility goob again, no
problem.

Kateryn de Develyn wrote:

> Is there any idea when it is this year?  I'm really pulling for
Dec 10th
> 'cuz our kingdom's major event for December is sheduled for Dec
3.

:) Well, I guess it is about time we think about

And Andrea of Ostgardr wrote:

> I was kinda interested in it as well, as long as there is no snow
yet...

Sadly, Weather Control isn't one of the Laurel Super Powers I was
blessed with (my stupid peer trick is a curse and inherited, but
that's another story) .... In all honesty, this is Michigan. Snow
happens. Often. But I do make a habit of talking to The Man Upstairs
every night, so I'll put in a good word and we'll see what comes of
it, eh? Last year's weather was cold, but nice. :)

I'll copy the event staff from last year on this note so that they
know that people have been asking about it and we can try and see
what information is available for release for the 2005 MK Cook's
Symposium. As soon as I have information (probably the first thing
will be the desperate cry for teachers), I'll post it here.

Iasmin

Iasmin de Cordoba
Last Year's MK Symposium Class Coordinator
Currently Retired former Baroness of Roaring Wastes
Hand-Made Wooden Spoon Addict