[Sca-cooks] Marrow substitute

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed May 4 00:47:00 PDT 2005

Giano asked:
> I haven't got terribly much experience with this, but I found a few
> recipes
> that require melted beef marrow. I'm wondering - marrow is kind of
> hard to
> come by in these post-BSE days, so what could I use as a substitute?
> Is there
> anything?

I can't remember if any substitutions are given in this file, but it
might be worth a look.
marrow-msg       (28K) 1/19/03   Getting bone marrow. Recipes with
marrow.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/marrow-msg.html

I didn't think that marrow or beef bones with marrow in them was
particularly hard to get these days. But I haven't tried to get it. I
thought it was nerve tissue, such as brains, that was a problem.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com