[Sca-cooks] Re: Capers

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Wed May 4 10:38:26 PDT 2005

At 10:00 AM 5/4/2005, you wrote:

>Capers, yes, my preciousssss, yes, we wants them, yes we do ...

Oooh! I quite agree!

>Gianotta (now dreaming of shrimp in a caper-lemon-garlic-butter sauce)

One of the first things I remember my sweetie cooking for me, for my
birthday, was very like that- I remember shrimp, butter, mushrooms, I think
some tomatoes, and lots of capers. I know my kids were really impressed
that he could cook- and I was impressed that he could cook _like that_!

Dang, now I'm hungry and there are no capers in the house!

'Lainie

Stop! Stop! You are torturing me! Aaaarrghhhhh!!!!!!!!!

The thing with capers is that folks really really love them or really really despise them. There seems to be no middle ground.

My poor husband winds up picking out every single one when I make certain dishes. But then he gives them to meeeeeeeeeee!

Gianotta