[Sca-cooks] "Cooking Under Fire"

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sat May 7 13:48:03 PDT 2005

No they didn't specify what kind of dish to be made, just that the main
ingredient was
to be an egg.  But there was a 10 minute time limit and definitely a limit
of stove
and oven space.  I am not sure that you could have made a decent custard in
10 minutes.
The extras seem to be various.  They never showed what extras the
contestants had available
for their use.

And I had a problem with the "mis en place" challenge, because they didn't
even give the
contestants a hint as to what they were going to use it for, which was
unfair.  Almost all
had problems in the next show when they had to use the "mis en place" with
the ingredients
they were subsequently given.

Huette

I've always thought it was a good idea that on Iron Chef they had a large
stock pot of water already boiling when the hour began.  It would really
hamper things to have to wait for water to boil - not to mention that whole
'watched pot' syndrome :)

Christianna