[Sca-cooks] Cooking for Viking

Alexa mysticgypsy1008 at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 03:24:17 PDT 2005

Yes, it is a skill.  I knew   many hispanic families
when I lived in CA for 5 years (I was near fresno).  I
had many a conversation on how it was done.  Lots of
work, but, it was cool how it was done as a family.
One girl I knew said that often it was her, her mom,
and her grandmother working together.  That must be
cool having 3 generations at the same time in the
kitchen with a common goal.  Not much of that goes on
these days with all the modern things we have.  It's
good to know that some traditions still are going on,
it's Heritage.

Alexa
Barony of Marinus
Atlantia

 It is a skill that I've heard
> lamented as being lost here by many Hispanics as
> they turn more and
> more to store-bought tamales.  I have heard folks
> mention that making
> tamales is one of those family traditions where
> folks get together
> early in the Christmas holidays to make them in a
> big team effort.
>
> Stefan
> --------
> THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad
> Kingdom of Ansteorra
>     Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
> StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
> **** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: