[Sca-cooks] Tamales, was: Cooking for Viking

Simon Hondy scholari at verizon.net
Thu May 12 05:26:22 PDT 2005

Mmm Tamale making, similar to what has been said before, My friend's family
would divide up, the men out in the yard armed with piles of husks, and
bowls, and possibly a few refreshing beverages!  The women would come
through filling the bowls with tamale dough, and filling.  Men would
assemble and the women would cook.  I went home with a grocery bag full of
sweet and savory tamales.   Oh yeah babe!  Had to be done in large groups,
some times several families together.  a few people it is just a whole heck
of a lot of work!

Simon Hondy